Rules & Regulations
The following rules and regulations apply to the commercial users of Robin Hood Bay Waste Management Facility:
- No commercial vehicle will be allowed access to the Robin Hood Bay Waste Management Facility unless the vehicle is displaying a valid permit sticker.
- The following CSA approved Personal Protective Equipment is required to be worn at all times:
- Safety vest
- Hard hat
- Safety boots
- Safety glasses
- No littering. Loads must be covered and secured.
- Metals are accepted at the onsite metal recycler, not in the landfill.
- Concrete is accepted if it is crushed to 18” minus with rebar removed.
- Items not accepted for landfill at Robin Hood Bay are: liquids, hazardous waste, tires, electronics accepted by EPRA NL, cardboard and paper.
- Electronics accepted by EPRA NL should not go in the landfill. Certain electronic items can be brought to designated drop-off locations free of charge. Go to www.recyclemyelectronics.ca/nl/ to find a location near you.
- Absolutely no smoking.
- No animal carcasses.
- Vehicles must be safe and properly maintained.
- No scavenging; all material onsite is private property.