Household Hazardous Wastes
Household Hazardous Wastes (HHW) are the left-over products from hazardous products used in the home. Some of these wastes exhibit poisonous, combustible, explosive and/or flammable properties. When compared with other types of wastes, HHW are a small component of the waste stream.
If HHW are discarded into the residential solid waste stream, the storm sewer system, or the natural environment, environmental damage may occur. If products are improperly stored in the home there may be negative impacts on the health of the residents.
The HHW Depot is open Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For information on the Product Care paint recycling program and other drop-off locations click here.
Household Hazardous Items
- Oil & Latex Paint
- Paint Thinners & Stain
- Motor Oil
- Aerosol Cans
- Propane Tanks (Large & Small)
- Used Cooking Oil
- Fluorescent Lightbulbs (Compact & Tubes)
- Fire Extinguishers
- For other Hazardous Waste associated with a household, try our Look Up.
Things to Remember
- Seel containers securely (screw tops, paint lids, etc).
- Don’t put items in tied plastic bags; instead transport in open-topped boxes.
- Bring the materials in the trunk of your car to be safe.
- Please make sure all propane tanks have the valves closed and that there is plenty of ventilation in your vehicle.
- We recommend that you wear gloves when handling products.